07 April 2011

Sleep

Today, Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir 2.0 premiered. Though not perfect, it is a symbol of what music creates between people. 2000 people who would never otherwise have these connections sing together. Anything that shows the tenderness in humanity is so ok with me. I think it is a magnificent project and I am grateful to be part of it. Sleep was the first choral piece I heard that really struck me. I knew that I wanted to be a part of the choral world. It was what I wanted to do with my life. Though my collegiate choral experience has not been stellar, and my pathway has strayed somewhat from choir, I am so pleased that I could participate in something that is changing music and is so meaningful. I am so grateful to have participated in a choir that contains so much love, care and passion. We could all use a little more of those things. Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment