09 August 2011

my books && other random tangents

i am commencing my summer reading {oh yeah, if you didnt notice, the left side of this blog has the books i've read this summer.. } as i am saying goodbye to virginia this week, packing up, and then in transit to idaho.



i feel like i read a lot of books, but honestly, i had to balance my media time with netflix and it was very important that i get through Drop Dead Diva, Gossip Girl, The Hills, the last season of Desperate Housewives, re-watching every Office episode and most recently {and i have a hard time admitting this} greys anatomy.
So maybe i should be talking about television, but whatever.
tangent over.

Anyway, i feel like sharing my opinions. and also, let me say that i am a purely recreational reader. so take my opinion for what it is.

Firstly, i adored The Book of Tomorrow by Cecilia Ahern
it was a real cute story that was a little bit fantastical and mostly read world.
and it takes place in ireland.
it was my favorite thing i read this summer.

If you're interested in a new series, the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness was pretty good.
i only got to read the first 2 {the knife of letting go and the ask and the answer}
but they were interesting.
they are post-apocalyptic like the hunger games, which i find to be a fascinating genre.
Not the very best series, but worth the read.
Also, there is some strong language, so if you aren't into that, then dont read these.

My very least favorite was Cupcake by Rachel Cohn
granted, it's titled cupcake, so it seems i should have known better,
..but it sucks, because she wrote Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist, which i loved.
this book was boring, and kind of pointless.
seriously, yawn.

also, the luxe was supposed to be like gossip girl in the early 1900's and was kind of slow reading. i liked the story line, but it was just weird. i dont know...
supposedly they're making a movie, so i guess i'll wait to find out what happens in the next book....

so there it is.
if you bothered to read all of that..good work.
apparently me having a blog makes me a narcissist,
and this long post probably makes me EVEN more self obsessed.
honestly i'm a little bored with myself
and this post.
think what you will.
maybe i'll keep adding to the length of this post.
because i'm way more of an antagonist
than a narcissist.
although.
i do love myself.
call me self centered.
i am
quite a bit.

happy tues.
/
Pretty Little Liars Evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment